Hey, how's everyone? This is David J. Huhn once again with another entry full of goodness for you all. In this entry I'm going to elaborate on how and what I'm going to do and don't do in my blog. But before that, a little background into myself:
I'm just a humble, shy guy trying to make it in a world that can be, at times, quite messed up.
Now, on to the good stuff:
1. I'm not going to go overboard with the 'love' for the 'star' players regardless of sport. It doesn't mean I don't love watching the big-name players playing, but at the same time I'm not going to fall all over myself gushing over these people like some media people in Chicago and elsewhere do.
2. I'm going to be far more optimistic in this blog than you'll find elsewhere. While I can't guarantee it'll be 100% optimistic 100% of the time, I can guarantee there will be more than the 0% optimism you'll find in most sports cities the vast majority of the time.
3. I'm not going to get bent out of shape over the silliest things in sports, as I've heard some do. You're probably asking "What do you mean by that?", and I'll give you a few examples of what I mean: I've heard media people in Chicago getting bent out of shape over a lack of criticism about the 'star' players in Chicago sports (the few that are there that is) from the fans, as if the fans are expected to be as ultra-critical as the media people! Another thing they get bent out of shape over is the idea that fans 'fall in love' with the lesser-talented players in Chicago sports (such players are usually known as 'grinders', 'try-hard types', you get the idea) with the same fervor as they would with the 'star' players! I don't know about you, but there are better things to get bent out of shape over than the things I mentioned.
4. I'm not going to do anything to dampen your optimism about the team(s) you root for. I have no illusions about being required to dampen fans' enthusiasm over their favorite teams, contrary to what some media people will try to tell you. I'm not going to get too concerned over every little thing that goes the slightest bit wrong and try to make it sound like something major, as I'm always hearing and/or reading from media people locally and nationwide.
5. Fans are just that...fans. They're not 'meatball fans' or 'idiots' or 'lemmings' or anything similar that is designed for the sole purpose of making fun of the fans. As with #4, I have no illusions about being required to make fun of fans who don't fit what the Chicago (and national) media believes should be 'the ideal sports fan' (more on that in a future blog entry).
6. No conspiracies. Ever.
7. I'm not a reporter or anything like that. I'm just a sports fan whose focus will be mainly about what I hear and/or read about regarding Chicago sports with this blog. I won't be ignoring what goes on nationally as the previous entry proves, but the majority of blog entries will focus on Chicago sports.
8. I'm not going to post things simply to make myself appear as 'holier than thou' or to poke fun at serious matters beyond sports. I also won't be posting things that are designed to 'tear down' your sports heroes, whether they are currently playing or are retired (or deceased as the case may be). When it comes time for me to discuss something that transcends sports, I will do so in a respectful manner.
9. I'm not under any illusions as to being required to 'read between the lines' into everything someone says or does. Sometimes what's said or done is exactly that and nothing more.
10. I'm not going to waste time trying to be 'cute' or 'clever' while posting these entries. If something funny somehow makes it into the blog, it'll come naturally.
11. I reserve the right to break these rules as I see fit. It is my blog after all...
Needless to say, it's unlikely I'll be covering sports for a living anytime soon, being too optimistic and all. That's what you can expect from me though. I'll add more to the list as needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment